Bookmark and Share

Monday, April 14, 2014

It's April 14 of April Poem A Day!!


It's Passover and somehow this is how I felt when I saw the prompt.  We have to spend it without my husband, because he is still in the hospital. We are transferring him to the hospital where he can see all his doctors. Where he is now they just don't know him well enough to successfully treat him. As they said in the Cheers song: "Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name."

Here is my offering for today's prompt:

April 14, 2014
Prompt: Write a title starting with If I Were... and then write a poem about the title


If I Were Able to Fly
I’d soar with no thought of fear
for my wings would be unfurled
free and strong in the air
supporting me as I hovered
over the Earth.
I’d peer down at the beauty
on the ground and be on
the lookout for goodness
which would waft up
towards me in a delightful
aroma as I passed over the
houses of the good people
Unlike the other passover when
the goal was to smite all the
firstborn children of what He
considered evil ones
and therefore eradicate the
whole evil population in one night
My flying over would be a fun affair
with balloons going down to the
ones who thought about others
and had no cares for themselves
along with lots of chocolate, because
who doesn’t want that?
I’d swoop over cities and towns and
villages in my search dropping the
goodies and landing on the ground
to distribute them all to the deserving
few.
copyright 2014 by Barbara Ehrentreu

Until the next time, thank you to all who continue to read this blog and hope you are enjoying these all poetry all the time posts.:) 

Also I have brought some of my characters to the weeklong celebration at We Love Tween/YA Books on Facebook. Come over and meet some of the authors and the characters in their books here. Also there might be some goodies too!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing